Reproduction Rights and Permission to Publish/YIVO Services Price List
- Requests for permission to reproduce materials for publication should be made in written form to the Archives/Library, YIVO Institute for Jewish Research, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011-6301.
- It is the policy of the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research to charge a usage fee for the commercial publication or reproduction of each original, unique, and rare item from its collections. Usage fees are charged in addition to reproduction costs and are payable upon submission of this signed request form. Fees for large orders must be negotiated.
- Permission to reproduce is granted on a case-by-case basis, depending on the condition and legal status of the items. Except in certain instances, YIVO does not own copyright to the material in its collections. The user assumes all responsibility for questions of copyright that may arise in the use made of copies of YIVO materials. Reproduction for publication purposes, therefore, is subject to the user's securing permission from persons, corporations, or other legal entities that may own or claim such rights under statutory or common law.
- A credit line indicating the YIVO Institute as the source of material is required.
- Release and Indemnification. In requesting permission for a reproduction of the item or items described above, the undersigned agrees to hold harmless (including court costs and attorney's fees) the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research from any action involving infringement of the rights of an author or illustrator or her/his heirs or descendants in common law or under statutory copyright.
YIVO Services Price List
Download Yivo Services Price List (Effective March 1, 2006)
Prepayment is required for all orders. Please note that YIVO reserves the right to change prices at any time. Please email the YIVO Archives and Library for up-to-date prices.